Wednesday 6 February 2013

Shellac Galaxy Nails Tutorial

Galaxy nails are my absolute favourite of all time!
In this tutorial I'll show you how to achieve the look using CND Shellac.

You'll need a UV lamp, Shellac in Blackpool, Sugared Spice, Hotski to Tchotchke, Purple Purple, Red Baroness and Zillionaire, some loose glitter, an orange wood stick or toothpick, and some cotton buds.


First off use the CND base coat and cure for 10 seconds.
Then add a thin layer of Blackpool and cure for 2 minutes.

If you're using regular polish, add 1 coat of black polish and let it dry.


Take a cotton bud and dip it into the polish that is on the brush. I prefer this method as it prevents wasting any product by tipping it out on to a palette and using a sponge.


Dab the cotton bud covered with Sugared Spice randomly over the nail. This doesn't have to be neat and you can do it in any shapes you like. Do the same with random other colours such as purple/red/green to add some variety and dimension to the art. You can use any colours you like here, some clients prefer all green while others like a variety.

If you're using Shellac, cure again for two minutes.
Allow regular polish to dry here.



Next, add a layer of Zillionaire. (Don't cure this layer yet.)

If you're using regular polish you can just add a glitter top coat at this point.
I recommend OPI as a nail polish brand, and they have awesome glitter top coats with fine and large pieces of glitter in the same pot. They work really well on this design, and if you use it you will be finished at this point.


Take the orange wood stick and use it to pick up pieces of glitter. I find it easier if I make the tip of the stick a little damp by dipping it in wipe off solution or water. This method is also a really easy way to pick up gems for 3D designs rather than using tweezers.

Place the glitter wherever you like into the wet Zillionaire. I just place it randomly over the nail. When you're happy with the design, cure this layer for 2 minutes.


Finish off with CND top coat and cure for a final 2 minutes and wipe dry.



Finish off with some CND Solar Oil to rehydrate your skin and nails.
I can't recommend this product enough! Use it every day to keep your skin and nails conditioned and beautiful. It also smells lovely! 
I have some for sale for £3 :)


I hope you enjoy this design and have heaps of fun with it!
Let me know if there are more tutorials you'd like me to do in the comments :)

 Thanks for reading!
Please like my page on Facebook for the latest news and offers



No comments:

Post a Comment